Candles we light upon the Advent Ring,
proclaiming Jesus Christ our coming King.
1. Firm is your promise: now from fear released
we’re gathered in to your salvation feast!
2. Prophets you send to help us hear your call
and bring your blessing: justice, peace for all!
3. To every age the herald’s voice rings clear:
“Prepare the way, God’s mercy now draws near!”
4. Bearers together of your living Word,
let every soul now magnify the Lord!
5. Christmas is here! The Light of Christ has come
into our world: good news for everyone!
Tune: ‘Crucifer’ (10 10 with refrain).
On Advent Sunday only the first verse is sung (with the Refrain before and after); a verse is added each Sunday through Advent, and verse 5 is added on Christmas Day.